Saturday 7 January 2012

A new QPR dawn

22 years after my first visit to Loftus Road, it's about time I started a blog about the team that I love. I must say I am excited, yet apprehensive at the same time.

Finally, in this media age of blogs, twitter, facebook, everyone's got a potential outlet where they can live and breathe their obsessions in public.

But, on the other hand, I risk being criticised for my terrible grammar, spelling mistakes? Or even any  inaccurate information I might accidentally type about QPR's history or the games that I watch.

Who knows? All I know is that I've sat through thick & thin with this team since 1990. Some of that time I was still living in the Far East, but I had all the programmes sent in the post to me on a weekly basis. As I fan, my glory days were in the early 90s when we were one of the top London clubs. And in our tumble right down to the depths of League One I would wonder how did I get to be sitting here, on a Tuesday night, watching us play THAT team in the pouring rain and bitter cold?

In fact I actually felt almost the same at the Sunderland game just before Christmas 2011- we were so bad, so lacking in pace and urgency in the first half, that I had a similar feeling for just a moment. For a moment I thought 'Have I ever seen worse?'. I sit here, Saturday morning prior to the MK Dons game and think with hindsight, of course I have. Did I really think prior to our 'billionaire' buyout, that we would have quality players like Shaun Wright-Phillips, Faurlin and Barton in the team? Give over. This has been such an exciting period in my QPR life that I truly have been and have to enjoy this time.

I was out till 7am on the evening of the 30th. I also had a ticket to the game at the Emirates the next day. With 3 hours of sleep and the biggest hangover in the world, I still went because there was no way I was going to miss the opportunity of a life-time. Much as I have high hopes for our team this season and the future of QPR, I'm not holding my breath about QPR survival and it could have been the last opportunity I would get to see us play at that stadium.

Let's hope not though. Because I am loving it right now.

Onwards and upwards as they say.

You Rssss

No comments:

Post a Comment